Sunday, September 25, 2016

Goodbye Scion xB you were once Grand

Little Mix - Shout Out to My Ex (Official Video)



Toyota has announced that the Scion xB is finally coming to an end after a run of a dozen years to all those who have really enjoyed the xB, however, this is not great because the car was really dead since 2007, when was released the second generation, but it is always worth taking a moment to appreciate what this car was underestimated.
In the interest of full disclosure, I must say that my modern car in a fleet that includes a strange 70s British car, a yellow bug and a toilet equipped van is a 2006 Scion xB is mainly the car of my wife, and usually entrusted to carry the child around and perform basic mobility needs of normal life.
Keep in mind, this is the car I am most likely to slip into immediately after driving a brand new press car for a week, and I'm not always stumbling at how many times I'm not disappointed back behind the wheel of the humble, xB refrigerator research.
I always think that, after a week of driving a car with all the latest gadgets, often with three times the power or more and heady puffs smelling of new car smell, I will sheepishly and gloomy to be stuck driving this little 108 box HP but I'm never.
I'm completely serious here Somehow, although cheap and basic on just about every metric, the first generation Scion xB manages to be fun to drive, and be the most practical car and flexible than I have ever owned.
If you are skeptical, I get so I'll try to explain the best I can here.



The original xB may be designing the most efficient car briskly out in the last decade, and that somehow the basic design, unpretentious manages to be fun and it is also the Japanese car design in many ways as well, because it feels a lot like a car to scale up Kei use ruthless practice of space, especially.
The first xB came from the Toyota bB in Japan, and came about the same, losing only the bench and AWD, and get a manual transmission option In Japan, they even got an amazing trucklet version Bb OpenDeck, but we had the closed box.
This week I was in Little Tokyo with my wife and son and I found this toy Toyota bB deck Read more Read more.
In an era when cars began to cut their greenhouse and rooflines lowest and small windows were becoming fashionable, 1st-gen sports xB roof shamelessly high, with massive windows The cover is only as long as it absolutely needs to be, and behind the cover Stubby is a huge box, enter as much of the car's length as possible to the interior space.
The result is more airy, open interior of a small Car Hell, on almost every car at all except for a van full freighter There's more headroom and rear seat legroom in the car twice the size of the xB, which includes most SUVs and sedans It feels cavernous and open there.
The cargo space with all seats in place is of sufficient length, generous height, but when you fold the rear seats down, the xB is a small but useful van I piled a washing machine full size there with the spare interior volume may become a nearly free of cubic space in no time, and you can cram a true metric shitload of stuff in there interior trim, while not luxurious is robust and able to take the abuse of cramming things much worse without looking, too.



It is incredibly easy car to live Getting a child is easier than almost anything I've tested, and it is quite comfortable, if not luxurious Visibility is the airport control tower well, and mechanically , 1 5 liters 1NZ-FE engine seems to be bulletproof It gets 30 MPG in the city regularly, without trying hard.
The biggest shock, however, is that this small transportation utility bot is really fun to drive around my xB is a five-speed manual, which certainly helps wring the most out of these 108 horsebots boxy, but the weight 2395 empty lb help, the car also feels light and agile perhaps it is part of the domestic airspace of the car and external minimum size, but I'm not sure I've ever owned anything so easy to launch around, maneuver and park.
I always knew the xB could be fun, but in fact I have come to respect its unexpected driving skills when I asked legendary driver and television face Tiff Needell whipping around the small track at Willow Springs It was very funny and a lot better than I would have expected.
Tiff Needell is a man accustomed to conduct very serious, very fast cars is amazing Read more Read more.
Needell hooned the crap out of my car, whip sweeper around blows turns 70 or 80 MPH while launching the front and back, grinning like crazy while talking Scandi movies xB bent and traction control beeped as an alarm clock to the crank, but the held tenaciously.
Like most cars to their limits, it was an absolute blast, but it also proved to be remarkably composed these limits in ways I'd never suspected And after all abuse, he took on this track, I have led to the house, as always.


Scion completely lost the program with the next generation xB He gained 600 pounds, the top greenhouse was trimmed to stupid levels Sketch art school, and all vestiges of innocence and rationality that made the big car had left all that was left was a tasteless caricature of what the car was originally.
I do not know what I Replace the xB with the Nissan Cube overcooked somehow the formula box base car into a stupid mess, and while I like the Kia Soul, it is something of the essential simplicity of the original xB now I hold my little white box more scuffed and worn.
As diametrically opposed as its box-like in my corner under Beetle rotundity, I can not help but feel that the xB is one of the few successors worthy of the legacy of the humble Beetle, cheap, simple, practical surprisingly charming and fun unexpectedly.
So while the xB hasn t done anything to me for years, I am always sad to see the end of the first online version of this car is one of the few cars that I'd t hesitate to recommend almost everyone and is a direct approach to car design that is hard to find now Usually when people talk about rational, they say things like I coldly rational thought the xB is a new exception, being one artificial objects warmly rational I can think of.
Farewell, little box Goofy hopefully designers in the future you pay a little respect and attention.
Mom apologizes for trying to sell Rare Card Magic Sound.



Sorry, but the iPhone 5 is about to become obsolete.
United Loses 800 million in value after passenger plane took him.
Here's why the Dodge Challenger SRT demon is banished by the NHRA, but not really.
If Autonomous Cars FORCE to save lives in emergencies.



The Soviets made a real Doomsday machine in the 80s and the Russians still have today.


Goodbye Scion xB you were once great, goodbye, scion, great.





Ларже, 32450, Франция