Thursday, January 19, 2017

Future Classic 2006 Acura TL One of the best Japanese designs Ever

Flex Cars Acura TL and sound system agreement.



It is difficult for me to pick favorites when it comes to cars more a car is, it becomes easier to form an opinion based on how it the test of time So, after ten years, I can say now with confidence that the 2004- 2008 Acura TL is one of my favorite cars of all time.
The TL was Acura's best-selling sedan annually as far as the 90 of late- For all his life, the TL has offered a balanced trifecta of luxury, performance and value of the typical discreetly Acura J ' loved every generation of the TL yes, even the current, but the third generation 2004-2008 is hands down the best TL, and probably one of the most attractive Japanese cars of all time.
Not only this beautiful car style still look great a decade later, but his appeal of its design has not been taken by another Japanese car in the years since I often find this view shared by other fans Acura owners under discussion.
They say you should not judge a book by its cover, but is usually the first thing I do when I set eyes on a car for the first time There are a lot of cars I t DIDN as at first glance eye, but warmed up, and even a love for this generation Fortunately TL was a looker, and for me it was pure desire of the first new brand I saw it ten years ago.



The front starts from the shield-shaped grille and aggressive trapezoidal Powerdome increase the calender is flanked narrow, xenon headlights swept-back, which leads to the wheel arches flared from the signals lateral curve, a concave contour line runs along the entire side by the rear side of the markers.
The line dramatic roof is sporty and formal at the same time then it all ends in a very straight, squared rear Just right -sized 17-inch wheels with 5 spokes and side skirts complete the look The look is elegant bold as Sharp blade sword.
The TL was easily the best car among the competitors in the same price These included cars such as Lexus and Cadillac CTS.
The taillights on many contemporary cars all look alike to me Not here Though simple, these taillights are very distinct, and follow the contours of the sheet metal 2007-08 TLs would get clear-lensed taillights with red LED; I prefer the original design here.
Most TLs were powered by a 3 2L SOHC V6 with VTEC Honda variable timing valve This iteration of 3 2L was unique to the TL as the CL coupe was interrupted when the previous generation TL finished production initially valued at 270 horsepower and 233 lb ft of torque, the new power measurements decreased further to 258 ratings respectable performance was competitive with 0-60 times of TL less than 6 seconds to 2007 and 2008 alone, the TL-oriented performance Type s was available with the RL's more 3 5L V6 Make top 10 list of the district in 2008 engines, it had 286 horsepower and 256 lb-ft of torque 0-60 is 5 five seconds.



The interior is typical techy Acura, with neutral colors, lots of buttons, black metal trim and a center console arched as the focal point that I was photographing sports my favorite Parchment colored leather with light wood effect finish for warmer feel.
Although this car is approaching 10 years, still looks prematurely worn leather driver's seat leather in my own 2010 TSX is actually showing signs of wear on the outer side bolster.
When playing an owner Acura forum, I find this is a common problem in most recent Acuras Acura apparently changed their standard quality leather provider in the mid 00s The new leather, soft, tends to wear and scratch easier, especially in lighter colors.
Despite all the people I know who own or have owned one of these TLs, I am shocked to say that I have never driven or mounted in an Perhaps the mystical part of my fascination with this car, I sure the driving experience is similar to my own 2010 TSX same powertrain, similar interior features and dimensions wrapped in a different style Anyway, this was the car that made me think Acura when it came time for me to get a new car last year if I could have a bought this, I should but people keep these cars on my neighbor has a blue TL 07 royal, I'm not ashamed to admit he still pampers more than me my car.
The Acura's story was one of peaks and valleys; I am sad to say that things aren t the best time right now as a brand, the Acura sales levels are in the middle of the luxury brand of field, but the majority comes from its focus on RDX family and the MDX, which I believe is true flagship Acura RLX not.



Needless to say, I've always been a fan Acura Still, I agree that current Acuras could use a serious injection of style and a luxury dose Would it kill them to their slightly more welcoming interior with some warm color schemes and real wood tones and then there's the elephant in the room that their entire range has been pulling ahead on the basis of many enthusiasts will never take Acura seriously until they probably build a rear car rear wheel drive traction is not the solution to a stage that these critics would have you believe that, look at Infiniti.
I doubt I'll ever get their hands on one of these TLs Despite their high sales volume, looking for a near-mint, low mileage and affordable example is more difficult as you think of; believe me, I looked.
I am no more partial to the TSX previous generation, which is a better size, although I would not want a manual transmission.
I don t mind the Mobile Suit Gundam retailer it's marked improvement over contemporary American Agreement on which it rests, but I'm not put off by most visual part of these and many recent cars in this class, I saw a number of early 90 Lexus ES250s recently and was struck by how thin they look and tidy, even compared to many C-segment cars that are roughly the same size.
Yet, they look better than their immediate successors; I am not fond of current corporate face of Honda and Acura.
Excellent article, Brendan, you obviously are a true fan of TL I'm not a fan of the chrome bracket, running too now 95 The Legend sedan as my DD, who just had her 140K service performed my local Acura dealer.



I had the car for 12 years and 70K now, and every time I get something different itching, I realize the attractiveness and value of the car; legendary reliability sorry, more fun to drive than the comparable MB C-class place during leg 114 wheelbase helps a great long distance cruiser, and no couple more effect, what other style might consider bland, I considers stealth, and therefore a bonus and you will notice that this second edition 91- 95 is the only model that legend didnt give away its roots with a front wheel drive and extended to me, unsightly overhang.
So if you call classics future, I suggest the 91- 95 Legend has already been presented in a DC section, and more original, 2005-07 RL; a lot of content in a simple package, even if the front overhang is still a bit of time in my opinion a very well balanced car SH-AWD is a bonus, and it's powered by the same soft 3 5L tasty V6.
And while we're at it, I would kick t exactly a previous generation coupe CL Type S with six-speed course of my garage.
We do not charge t get Acura in New Zealand, but we get to most Acura models in their Honda badging I must admit, I just t get Honda Acura today and it feels like the company lost is through a degree, but that said, I really do like that TL beautiful inside and outside, and I especially like the contour line along the body and the shape of the back door D But -pilier Let 's hope both Honda and Acura find a part of the magic that distinguishes them in the 80 late.
A good article and I liked it too, but felt after driving one, they were overrated One thing is sure that car, being smaller than the first and third Gen, hit the sweet spot for size sports sedan Acura has been trying to go after the 3-series and it worked, at least in appearance.



The turnover ever for TL and sold well until the end, even if the Infiniti G35 was a better car same price Weaknesses TL have torque steer and steering feel car was also noisy and thirsty.
Obviously, you are not alone in your admiration for the style of the Acura I found the profile of the last Malibu in very influenced by these TLs.
One of the best ever I do not know about that, but I agree that this is an extremely attractive car for various reasons like roof line which flows from the top of it on the trunk lid and again through the small spoiler I also think it's cool that the shape of the door cutouts and C pillar shows a bit like what the monocoupe below, I am very fast sedans underestimated medium enterprises and in a world where I just happened to be richer and I could not keep a car around a 6-speed S-type is exactly the kind of thing that I would want to own if S60R wasn t available to anyway it's too bad this generation TL didn t get the SH-AWD system than the current version that seems like it's probably a much better car behind the wheel, but it is not as nice as this and I hate Acura gate current is someone a grid like this, I do not think so I can not say I think it looks better than the 1st gen CTS details are better, I think, but the CTS much better proportions with is the architecture RWD does this TL still using a longitudinal engine mounting It doesn t look like what I do like that more waaaay than the Lexus ES you got the picture, but not as much as the same time is another one my favorites, I think it was probably more comparable.
Personally, my favorite was the second generation TL 99- 03 model I really thought is distinguished by how sober and discreet, it was then that most luxury cars getting a lot bolder and flashier Honda 80s style of 90 was about lightness and efficiency, and the 2nd generation TL was one of the last of their cars to adhere strictly to this aesthetic.
I must admit I did not know what was available with a manual transmission until a few months when I came across a street in peeking in the window and noticing a stick shift, I was mistaken for a TSX in the first look is a little surprising that Acura has this option available after deleting the second generation car wish they hadn t I guess they are not too common, but I like that you can even now order one this way the car below the same type 6 S speeds mentioned above was parked a few spaces outside an EP Civic and if the first generation Acura CL No idea if they all belong to the same family person or if it's just a really good block for unusual Hondas late model.
I bought one of these to the end of 2005, he was a 2006 dark blue beige leather Before that my cars were all the typical truck Chevrolet, Ford, Honda or Nissan with occasional Mazda between two.



The experience of buying the Acura was a revelation for me simple choices, navigation or not, automatic or manual, and color I my case no navigation and car since I spend most of my time in hour traffic wicked tip I really liked the way Acura packed the car and the fact that he came almost loaded with some decisions to make the sales guy was great, he asked intelligent questions and actually listened to my answers, wasn t pushy it was probably the easiest car buying I had ever done, I even got a good deal on the car and the dealer service was like I had experienced before.
And the car itself Well, I won t argue that outside was really appealing, although I liked it but the inside was just wonderful Acura has done a very good job inside, I think the stereo was fantastic it was the first car I owned that had integration capabilities of cell phone vp I worked was blown one day, we were driving to lunch and car announced You receive a call and showed information caller ID on the dashboard, he complains that neither her more BMW 7 series or Mercedes CLK done that.
The car was a lot of fun to drive, although the road noise was quite high and some roads of the suspension was surprisingly ruthless Until I remembered ROOTS FWD it well supported that I play with two other drivers BMW 3-series cars and was impressed by the performance of TL unless there were too many curves in the road, but overall I thought the car was a perfect sports sedan for me less that BMW, much more reliable, good performance, and the perfect size.
It is a pity that after this Acura model has lost the collective spirit and ruined the car I current account TL From my Acura and Honda standpoint both lost their mojo.



Looking back I wish I had kept longer, but changing circumstances of the family forced me to go for something cheaper and more convenient Chevrolet dealer thought with my TL and preach that I wanted a HHR I was crazy when I came in one day and when I know that most people consider the HHR as one of GM's capital sins I thought it was great but this story of her for another time .
I do not know Maybe a good car, but just didnt talk to me another Acura did, but maybe it is for a very different demonstration, Gen 1 coupe Integra, which was flingable and reliable, although topic too mods Boy Racer.
Do not understand the new look is what happens with grillwork lately Acura channels the beak of a parrot, and I'll have to reconsider what to do to replace my wife Forester, like the chrome bits are lost on me.
They're both Acura and latest Subie, not Subie and my wife is like dating a really hot chick with a knob on the nose You do not want to look too long for fear that she will feel self-concious Or the fault is permanent.



I can not say that it really do much for me styling wise not offensive in any way, but just sort of anonymity that said, there is a black and chrome 03 model parks near me work and it all now stop and nothing really jumps to you, without sharp or sensual curves corners, it just a certain class about it that I find Honda designs tend to be as clean it, discreet, not right great suite, but age well.
I agree that these are interesting designs, the very distinctive and Japanese research clearly a good thing as it is that I used to be a big fan Acura, Integra particular taste and original Legend Coupe They lost me years later that it was a bright spot a very good friend of mine had one of these in dark gray with black leather, and it was a very nice car it was also all highly reliable, and drove long and hard, he would have bought another Acura, but it was so put off by the current management style he returned to a Honda Accord.
This has to be my favorite Acura design of all time, I hate the beak on 09 and new TLs So I bought a CPO 08 with 53K on the clock this summer After 3 months of driving, I think I made a good choice.
The good fuel economy -Engine He has power to spare in almost all situations, is very comfortable on long trips and gets good gas mileage 30-32 mpg on the highway -Interior soft, supple leather high quality materials are used in the booth seats are very comfortable with plenty of support and side strengthening heated seats are sublime when the temperature drops below freezing much space back seat for my daughter aged 11 and Bluetooth friends and a standard to tHe port are nice additions also two zone climate control means far less to complain about my beautiful bride of mine light gray two-tone interior and black, which I think looks great -Styling I am with Brendan the style is classic and has aged well so far, it is aggressive enough to attract riceburner -Driving teenagers trying to chase me and lose, but discreet enough not to attract the attention of Johnny Law I love watching it sitting in my driveway.
Bad points -Blind galore Now I know why they offered an optional rearview camera models equipped with navigation, unfortunately I base You must be very aware of your environment or during backup and change track -Torque oversteer Do not goose the throttle if the wheels aren t dead face before you get a scare I almost chose the Infiniti G37 on the TL because of it, but was afraid that my wife would it put in a ditch when the background is -Turning loose radius Prepare to some the only car I ever drove was worse is the Taurus SHO 99 I already had -Trunk surprising lack space a car this big also, the trunk is very strange form of 7-point turns in tight parking situations and you have to play Tetris to fit a lot of things in there.
Do not know how I missed this good post, I am traveling for the holidays Grande Brendan andsharing one of my 3 Acuras with integra Gen2 Gen2 and CL coupe TLs These lines are perfect, and Honda's a simple interior premium feel TL-S is even more attractive.



I love Hondas But oddly enough never owned a directly latter go around, I would have been quite a RDX if it had been available in a 4 cylinder I think they are back on the road to reputation of their dark days of a few years ago some they do not need to complete their mission RWD premium, Hondas techy as long as they don t have to pay Lexus prices.
Very late to the party on this one, but I just want to add that I agree that this is a great design and I know three guys my age late 20s early 30s who had these and No loved them replaced with another Acura TL let alone a two Audis purchased and bought an Acura G37, thy name is Oldsmobile.
I want a 6-speed S type 07-08 in Kinetic Blue Pearl makes my heart skip a beat every time I see a nice article, Brendan.
I know I'm late to this, unfortunately Hopefully someone sees personally, it's my favorite generation TL, Acura and probably of all time in terms of appearance as the OP said, I listed after them, and a few other cars as they came out, however, these cars, I would probably say that was delayed both in terms of its appearance again gracefully, AP2 S2000, I also will one day own j I bought my 06 TL it 8 months ago as a Christmas gift to myself after finally given up on my big 96 Price 201.500 miles an astonishingly reliable car in a certain way, I liked my TL up 6MT here and shiny car difficult to control in terms of its MT, but once you get control, it is quite shiny clutch engagement is different from most other MT cars I drove, it is steeper and engages quite high and related to short throws, he Sá match made in heaven the only real issue that I had to this day I noticed first and third reports would sometimes pop out did some research and tranny fluid changed GM synchromesh modified friction and had zero problems since bought with 118,000 miles, now at 132000 and love, I also had a surprising but not really surprising after thinking about the beautiful and timeless way, it s appearance becomes amount of people comment on how the car is beautiful and how it is aged.



Late to the party as well, but I want to make an entrance.
You just bought a it a month ago after much research and still love the look and feel Drove a few of these before when I'm broke and could not really afford Housed in a 2008 base WDP wanted to find a 6-speed, but I couldn t let a 55k 14k for a car owner happy I got far it can move quickly and get the average of 26mpg can not wait to add a piece of hose updates J CAI New exhaust XLR8 or the heel and toe, she gets tons of looks and compliments all the time desired Acura would have added Bluetooth audio It's a tO but A2DP decision would have been nice Heres ve an image of the how it sits now I'll add another in the coming months after some upgrades.
I owned a 06 TL 10 years best car I've ever owned It replaced a Mercedes E430 that I had nothing but trouble with In 10 years, I had two brake jobs, and nothing other Very reliable, fast, great handling I hope to keep 5-7 years.
The TL 2008 is the best car I've ever owned.



Wish always a pleasure to drive the car in search.

Future Classic 2006 Acura TL One of the best Japanese designs ever, the future classic, 2006.