Monday, February 27, 2017

QotW What do you put up with your Japanese Nostalgic Car JNC

Japanese history



Greetings ers JNC Today marks the first week in Japan that time is actually running for the best sakura are blooming, and a gentle breeze beckons us to take the road for a casual stroll down the nearest winding road Back in the states, it would signal the time to take my US J-spec garage AE86 hodgepodge But as many know, owning a JNC is not always as easy as turning the key and driving off, they all have their own quirks and temperaments, some small and some large.
I have a stroker kit and 5AG AE101 ITB installed This gives the engine a roaring song WOT like the trumpets of victory Perseus returned to defeat the Kraken The compromise was the fuel consumption was horrible, just above two figures on the heyday that means I needed several trips to the gas station a week and allocate a small fortune for fuel Oh, but the sound There was a temptation I could not fight.
This leads us finally to the QotW We want to know the things you look past when owning a parts availability metric bolts JNC not tell us.
The funny comment by Monday will receive a prize scroll down to see the winner of QotW last week, Will the influx of imports from JDM make cars in the US spec less desirable.
Despite Canadians rejoiced and bitter Californians offering their opinions, the winner this week is Jayrdee that provided a thoughtful analysis with real numbers.



I think I honestly do not think the market will change dramatically for the markets of the United States-spec And here's my reasoning, keep in mind the following response refers to clean, unencumbered, non-junky cars .
The influx of JDM vehicles will continue to grow over time since more cars become legal, but with the number of people entering all import business, its just going to saturate the market with RHD cars to the point where they will be just as common as buying a car in the United States spec any car, either LHD or RHD, if its rare and desirable person, he will want the only difference is later, there will more options to choose from.
Take for example the chassis of the market, I am using this market because, speaking of numbers, they're definitely on the cheaper side from idk the horizon above market so there is more activity to find a place clean, free of rust and safely 240SX is almost like finding a needle in a haystack they're there, but they aren t cheap as they used to be your average solid 240SX is somewhere between 3-7k you can claim the tax derives all you want, but that's how things are now on the other hand, the hype of owning a RHD s13 died down as for you easily find a RHD Silvia already imported for anywhere between 5-8k SR20 cleaner Silvia Ks will be the most expensive around 9-12k range, but again other will be swapped engine turbo s own chassis.
Now that the hype RHD died down with the S13, it is equally easy to find a s13 RHD as it is to find a clean-spec 240SX US and they're all roughly in the same range of price.
I think this behavior is a common occurrence for each market as time goes on the long-term thinking, after all the famous 90s early 2000s Japanese sports cars that young guys like me grew up racing on Gran Turismo are legal, the hype will die down leading to a similar healthy balance in the chassis market.
And of course, there is the wonderful power of the Internet and the use of these auction sites too These are perfect for guys like me who don t have all the fancy connections and overseas resources as all the great guys I've sold imported S13 Silvia Qs, and FC RX7 with an auction site HUGGEEE the risk of buying a car show sold at auction invisible, but again the process is very simple, feasible if you have the funds I'm actually about to pick up a AE86 port Baltimore next week that was purchased from a dealer in Japan though.



A bit off topic, but first I just wanted to do a little hustle in order to afford to import an AE86 RHD then considered the thing to import to a more professional level after discovering how the front is right, but with me being in school I just don t have the resources to do it and how many people are import cars now, I feel like the bus is already long gone if you want make a decent profit I just tell people to wait until the hype Eventually, everything dies down will itself be equal to.
Omedetou your comment has won a series of decals JNC shop.
I put with the fact that my pipe takeyari DonT fit in most undergrounds The same undergounds have speed bumps that I probably can not go on my fuzzy dice mirror block my passenger fender Its harder than necessary Its flagship suck Its a blowing truck engine oil like crazy His many rust problems in the hindquarters Its not always the easiest to find parts for the doors are covered with Bondo bad Its been repainted several times I overtaked by everyone .
Ya if all who are definitely things that I have to put up with, but I think the one that sticks most is the constant discovery of handywork past made by previous owners, mechanics and body shops are some of the worst jobs once never found a key wrapped with tape connected to two son in place of a fuse or how they have used wood and sheet metal screws to cover a rust hole and Bondo brushed on top of the carburetor which is reconstructed Ugh came with it and the list goes on.
I put up with seats made for a Japanese teenager, not my drink beer murican physical.
I treat people think my car is a AE86 July 24 and every time I say not what his Cordia is quite annoying after 11 years and people are still trying to chase me every time I'm on the road and I usually refuse but rare opportunities I agree to occasionally occasionally lose I rarely win problems with my Cordia but hate and love what is pros never done ultra rare 6213 is that I feel like a bit special almost no one against is that the parties are rarer than hens' teeth drive is also like its trying to kill you every time you push it to its limits and if you mess up the less you will probably die simple but makes the push limitations much more fun for is very sensitive, low speed but heavy as it is no power steering and it has a very steep killer driving in bumpy roads in general, feels Cordia thought you no driver help all, she is ready to do what you like and is an absolute blast to drive on winding roads.



People saying it is slow it is, but when people on the internet say slow, they're what really involves not fun, which is of course the Hokum people who say that it is perfect as much as I like these cars, they aren t really the answer to all the people who tailgate because it is small weirdly whenever some corners are involved, they're nowhere to see people in other MX-5 that does not charge My guys give you a C wave, I thought it was a community.
In other words, I have to put up with other people The car itself No complaints.
Especially for me, there is endless mockery about it, because it is not nice to look Externally there's drummer, slowly replace signs as they rust, so that the colors match don t As an off-road truck 84 April 4 Hilux used to its full potential, I really want to waste money on painting that I'm not going to ruin anyway, so I put my money in mechanical improvements rather as a popular movie character once said, it may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid.
Also set up with domestic boys who claim that I should buy whatever their truck, but that art does not worry Seems like all three domestic manufacturers of trucks have loads of jokes about how two are shit, and they're good for another against, the worst thing they can say about mine is that it is not a Ford Chevy Ram I think I'll go ahead and take this insult on the chin.
As for the things of my truck did, um having a 6th gear wouldn t hurt.


What do you put up with my JNC The price of owning my JNC prices have increased so much in recent years that it cost me an arm and a leg for my latest acquisitions Good AE86s have now strong in the areas five digits.


QotW What do you put up with your Japanese Nostalgic Car JNC, qotw, your, Japanese.