Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Driving an old car or keep buying new What better Financially

When does it make sense to buy a new car?



Driving an old car or keep buying new What better.
After my husband and I said our I's, we walked through a rice rain and jumped in his black Mini Cooper S is where we shared our first moments alone as a married couple, so when the time has come to sell the car, it was a bit difficult, but I think it was one of the best financial moves we ever made at least that's how I feel when our 1998 Audi is not in the shop.
I have been on both sides of this debate for some time now, I was a poor young professional slightly hovering over bounced checks and ramen noodles that could not manage any unexpected car repair bill.
I was also the fanatic who doesn t care what kind of car I drive without debt, as I have no car ready for what's best financial move an old pay car requires more maintenance, or more reliable, new funding model.



Financial wisdom to keep or purchase an older model car comes down to a cost of thing, but the costs associated with this decision are many.
Not only is there explicit financial considerations, such as the monthly payments, maintenance and fuel consumption, but there are also intangibles to consider, such security devices and the professional requirements Underestimating same one of these factors could lead you to make the wrong decision, and ultimately end up costing a bundle.
Whenever the monthly maintenance fee of used cars exceed an estimated monthly automatic payment, it might be time to stop paying money in your old set of wheels you probably best to shop for a new vehicle with less 'wear.
So how do you determine what a car payment would be according to the National Association of Automobile Dealers, the average price of a new car sold in the US is 28400 When I plug in the monthly loan Yahoo payment Calculator and use the national interest average rate of 5 73, I would be paid 927 per month for three years Expand that to a five-year payment plan and monthly payment drops to 587, but I end up with pay an additional 1,887 in interest charges by paying over five years anyway, buying a new car is expensive.



However, if you are spending more to keep your old car, you probably want to look at buying new After all, it is unlikely that maintenance and repair costs are likely to decrease as age car.
How much you pay for insurance and registration.
car insurance and registration fees are generally higher for a new car in my case, the payment of the annual tax on our Audi in 1998 is about 85, while the bill for our 2007 Honda Element is four times that amount .
If you have a loan and most new car owners do, you are required to take out full insurance cheaper old vehicles won t necessarily require as much coverage, and coverage comparable to that of a new vehicle is often much less expensive.
Florida resident Mike Arman is strongly in favor of used vehicles Aged 65, owns about 150 cars, ranging from a Fiat 500 and a Porsche, and only two were newly According to him, over people could see the value of buying used cars if they could get comfortable taking care of some repairs and DIY car maintenance themselves.
Arman said that maintenance taken wagons of load chain of about 150 to replace the front brake pads, work can be done for much less the necessary parts are only 20, and often come with a guarantee life, which means that you receive free buffers whenever you need a new set.



The job only takes an hour the first time you need a pair of gloves, an outlet, and a willingness to get a little dirty and maybe a little sweat, said Arman Do the work yourself saving you 130 you can even buy just the parts on your own and take them to an independent mechanic to do the work to reduce repair costs.
It is true that all cars will need repairs in time, but they can quickly come up with an old car there about a year, our Audi was in the shop several times and ended up collecting 2,000 in repair bills we came close to the negotiation of the car for a newer model, but decided to hold him, I think it was a good thing in the past year, he has not needed repairs.
A Honda man Maine 1990 Agreement has exceeded a million miles this fall, a milestone Honda celebrated in October, giving the owner Joe LoCicero a new Honda Accord 2012 was the first step of its kind on record for the automaker Japanese, so they set up to explain how LoCicero managed to keep its wheels chugging so long.
According to the site, Joe followed his owner manual and maintenance schedule to the letter, checked and put the fluids of the car regularly, and never allowed its oil to fall below a quarter lower He also replaced the fuel pump, both cooling fans and the radiator twice, but it certainly has a lot of miles for investment.
Joe LoCicero proves that regular maintenance is a way to add value to your car, it will help you avoid costly repairs and add years of life to your vehicle, but if you tend to procrastinate and skip regular maintenance, driving an old car may not be the best decision for your budget.



Your old car a gas hog the latest cars can get better mileage, which can save you a lot of money over time.
See the calculator gas mileage compared the mileage of your current car for a newer model vehicle Simply enter the current price of gas, miles per gallon, miles traveled and to find out which car will save you more at the pump really get more distance for your dollar, consider purchasing a more fuel-efficient cars.
For some professionals such as lawyers or a car sellers can be part of your brand that means driving a nice vehicle could increase your credibility in the eyes of some customers.
However, personal finance expert SE Day warns consumers that there is no such thing as job security update advises people to never spend more than 22 of their net salary on the cost a new car Consider also that when you finance a vehicle, about 17 to 29 per 1 000 of your loan will be added to your monthly payment for the financial costs.



Some people use security as a reason to buy a new vehicle, regardless of the cost savings or additional expenditure While it is true that new vehicles are equipped with additional safety devices, many older vehicles the have too.
For example, the safety standards of the Canadian Motor Vehicle demanded airbags two before in all models since 1998, but it is important to do your research when buying an older model to ensure you get a car are with good safety records.
It may be wise to do some soul-searching before you start hunting car you really buy a new car because it is more reliable, or are you more concerned about what others may think you are trying to find a model that you know are reliable, rather than being concerned with how it looks impressive.
If you are willing to put in the time and effort to maintain a car, especially if you are a DIY type, maintenance or buying a used car is probably the best financial move for you, however, if you find that buying new is the best choice, you'll want to look for the advantages and disadvantages of leasing a car against the purchase of a new way, do your research and you'll end up with a vehicle that fits your needs and budget.
Do you drive an old car to save money how did he held until now.


Alison was born, raised and educated in Iowa, but now lives in Greenville, South Carolina with her husband Tim She works full time as a writer and loves his job, his church, and his trips It spent time in Belize, Guatemala and the United Kingdom, but its most powerful trip was in Liberia, West Africa where she boreholes in remote villages with water of life, it s passionate save money and help others to do the same, you can learn more about.
I bought a new car we had to pay four years, I have 3 other payments to 3 months is almost as new I take very great care.
15k miles on it excellent shape and condition and it surely will serve me for the next 6-8 years at least.
I chose this one since I do not want to change the car in 2 years and 2 I don t trust used car, I could live with one who's been 2-3 years, but it could have cost me also well not 13K euro, but 10K or something like that, which is still a load of money so I chose the security of a brand new car and didnt it was a bad solution because my expenses are minimal vehicle was brought from the factory, all new and well if I take care of it, it will stay in a very good condition and I can enjoy it for years to come.
I drove a lot of old cars For me, the breaking point is when the repairs cost more than a new used car, I wish money did not count and I could easily buy a new car, but I looking for good deals on high quality used cars and usually end up with something good, reliable, fun to watch, and economic opportunity for my last car I waited for the right car at the right price and found that when the price fell nearly 2000 and ended unless I was willing to pay.



Unless you were willing to pay now that the rich art.
I've never had a car payment in my life when I was very young, I just buy junky used car so I can slowly save a new car since 1980. I have always paid cash for a new car warranty and kept up or collapsed and cost me a lot of money now, me and my wife feel the same about this except for the junky 1980 Chevrolet Citation, the other new cars since then have been higher rated in Consumer Reports advice and a message we usually keep the new car we bought for more than 10 years for example, our Honda Accord 1991 was dropped in 2009 because of mechanical problems we could not fixed When you keep a car long, do not worry about parking bumps and minor accidents also, once he is old, you can save lots of money su r auto insurance premiums the main reasons we get that new car because we're the only ones who will maintain, major problems can be fixed free of charge during the warranty period, and cars tend to be more effective especially now.
What is interesting, because people have had success both ways personally, I'm not an advocate of buying cheap and run until his last breath Approach Do your research to find a model reliable, and a year without many problems known There is no reason to spend too much for me, I just need my car to get my point a to point B.
I try to keep my Honda Civic maintained, but I'm not too worried about the appearance My friends have had problems in the past the purchase of new cars, and expressed their regret at how much they wasted it they could have saved for, etc.
I am pleased to see the new car option works for some if, Dojo, well done.



Looks like a new or used car argument put forward that something between the two, namely, buying a good quality product good reputation used toyota or honda say which is 5 to 10 years both brands are very reliable and at these ages depreciation has already been largely eaten.
Uh How different is your argument used car argument.
Great post, Alison My husband and I have an old and the new car, but the news was a gift happily maintenance of cars on the lot older cars can be sky high transmission replacement ugh, so I'll probably get a semi-new, but not car when the time comes.
We all have different preferences regarding our choice of vehicles gather the latest versions because they have no features in other models, while others use older models because they are easy to repair anyway, the most practical way to keep a car is by regular maintenance are also advised to drive carefully to avoid damaging the moving parts of a vehicle.
In today's market, car prices are out of sight My wife was looking for a Chevy Tahoe 2007 with 80K, and the dealer wanted 19,000 for it as much as used car prices, it depends on the vehicle, make and model I don know how people can afford a new car payment today, I would rather spend 1000 on a nice used car that needs mechanical work, then 500 a month car payment There are many nice used cars out there that are cheap in need of mechanical work I love fixing things, especially cars if you can save money by fixing your car yourself your money in your wallet now.



I was driving an Acura TL occasion and was amazed impressive, it felt before I settled on an LS400 I got rid of because I was tired of those nasty monthly payments best plan is to do plenty of research on what you like and get the one that is best for you, so take those monthly payments and banking so when a growing problem of electrical eng trans suspension on the money you are willing to go to secure it with surplus for car rental you can get RelayRides or one of the other share rent programs that are hip these days I plan on getting a Volvo for my next car as a 2000 98 S70 V70 perhaps newer money .
Keep an old car with a 95 Corolla carburetor, crank windows and no electrical gadgets is that it is the best decision I ever made the car never gave me any problems in my 7 years of owning my own expenses are regular oil changes, fluid checks and rotating never missed a beat tires, purrs like a kitten and zooms like a panther, I believe it will last me another ten years, his bonus that it looks better than many 2012 models around.
There was no carburetor on your 1995 1985 Carbohydrates were perhaps mostly disappeared between 1984 and 1987.
Maybe he bought with the carbohydrate conversion kit ever think this man is my C ended up thinking outside the standard from time to time.



I think 1991 was the last year an American car was produced with a carburetor that was a Jeep Grand Cherookee equipped with the V8 360ci American Motors produced from 1970 to 1991.
I like to keep the cars on 10-11 years, I'm driving a car 9 years and I still keep 2 years, I could keep them longer but why would I want to drive a car that could leave me difficulty on the side of the road, I saw a lot of old cars that people claim are great but they obviously have different definitions of perfect and most of them have problems like bad Mechancial struts and other suspension parts, accessories that no longer works, and body imperfections that I usually get loans at low interest my current loan is 2 7 two years I borrowed 9K for a brand new car after my trade my 2007 some money I saved my trade in 2007 was 10K less than I paid for it 5 years ago if I drive a car for 5 years to 2000 per year, which for me cheap If I gar this new car for say 10 years, I have 8 years of no car payment and very low maintenance and more fluid changes I'm not cheap and like to enjoy my life and drive something that is comfortable and seems goo d you can not take money with you as long as you save for retirement, spend the rest.
I love you I sums up quite the same buy any new car, but enjoy driving for 9 to 10 years then trade for another new car bought 24K Agreement 2001, sold for 3000 after 9 years About It Just 200 mo of 60K maintenance, regular oil change Nothing to worry even for my 2005 Odyssey 29K and sold for 7k after 9 years, that average less than 250 mb I had dings and scratches and do not have to worry about this as opposed to a lease is my car, and I ain t worth paying hard to prevent scratching or mileage.
I have three older cars, which are very well maintained two years 1996 and 2000. I recently calculated the cost of my 1996 Astro Van, we bought used 10 years ago we paid only 7500 and paid only a total of 400 years since in all automotive maintenance repair costs which is cheap transportation We only blocked once when a fuel pump found out I have never paid anyone to change my oil, and I make other minor services myself working to drive the cheapest car is usually the one you have I sold a 1988 accord with 280,000 miles on it, however, there is a point in the life of a car he has reached his goal, you got your worth, and it's time to let it go, like the hassle of owning it starts adding I take a little pride in driving old cars so my pro lem is that I do not want to let them go just came tonight after a little preventive maintenance on my old Astro van to keep its strong current.
Hard to say, even a new car can break I ever gave a new car or even 6 old car 7 years in my life, and I drive 16 woman 17 years old BMW bought the car around NZ 5000 and has spent about NZ 6000 on, most of the parts are new now, still torn between the car trade and get a fairly latest, it is a bad situation, my only concern in life at the moment is the cost of car maintenance, maxed credit card, do not know what else to do, I do not know if it's time to go for financing, oh by the way my old car is still on finance, that the winning lotto can help.



Question: I have two cars that are the same make, model 2009 Honda Accord, one with 30,100 miles and 60,000 miles the other in the next 3 years, which you do, we will stay home 80 time , driving the other car with 30K every day to work and catch up with the other car has 60K in 3 years or to double the mileage on the 60 K in 2015, in what direction I would be ahead.
I would add something missed the column and that this is a strictly financial section However, there is a value to drive a cool car that you like, you spend a lot of time in your car and spend money on all other areas of your life comfort and convenience, and a car is not a good place to be right on, in my opinion.
Buying a good used car, keep it and drive it as long as you can, is the economic logic If you can do some of the work yourself you can really lead to cheap, I prefer simple 4 Car cylinders, Japanese or domestic that have a lot of Japanese technology inside.
I was planning to buy a new used car to replace my aging vehicle I really like t over my car, image and flicker make me nuts, but it's such a reliable car, it is wrong, however, it s approaching the age where I can see a lot of repair Some new vehicles can get almost twice the MPG my current savings vehicles on the economy and repair guesstimated could save me half the value of the used car Add to that a used car after four years, is worth approximately half the cost it pays for itself but the problems that a loan tie to a certain social position for a number of years so if I have to do to get rid of the newer car, could I find anything as reliable as what I have now and I sincerely doubt.



I know it-yourself saves money, but for a person without whatsover knowledge of auto mechanics, it will be too long to understand what needs to be done, or worse end up with more problems And speaking of time, if you are handy, and have time and enjoy spending time to replace a part, which is great, but what about those who have a long list of tasks the weekend also, have you considered the time you need take work to take your car to a repair in addition, everyone seems here to find an honest mechanic, but I t I have been ripped off too often for someone without any technical knowledge of what's needed fix, what assurance do you have that the cost of repair is fair and justified do you take your car to several awards and determine again, how much is your time and effort to do that is for you that I agree that, in general, you will save money by keeping your car, but determining when to replace your car is not as simple as just understand the monthly expenses vs. repair costs.
Always buy a new car Needless keep a car for 3 years or more will cost you to repair and long term will be the same as new car payments Just buy new and now forget a few days if you buy as a BMW even maintenance is paid not get any better.
Whether new or old, you have to replace the brakes, mufflers, pipes, tires and oil on a regular basis, so no difference in the maintenance of old and new engines and transmissions will easily go 200,000 miles and more when serviced according to the owner's manual, a car will last at least this brand mileage and true an old car will need things like water pumps, wheel bearings, or radiators should be replaced However, once replaced, these Articles last long so even if it costs 1000 years of maintaining a car, it is still cheaper than spending 6000 years in car payments and tips to replace the car if a repair exceeds the value of the car is not his is the value of future life, you must be concerned it is always wise to spend say 1200 on a car worth $ 500 if is reasonable to believe that the repair will give you another 3-5 years the use of the alternative car is to spend 15,000 on a new car second hand that I always need the service so the 1200 made more sense financia l in fact, that's what I did last year and the mechanic said the car of 23 years will easily last another 5 years to buy Japanese or German quality, maintain, take care of small problems, and spend what you save elsewhere.
Personally, I prefer to buy brand new car in cash, but enjoy driving for 9 to 10 years Save money for the next car at the same time 250 mo then trade for another new car bought 24K Agreement 2001, sold for 3000 after 9 years s 200 mb Just 60K of maintenance, regular oil change Nothing to worry even for my 2005 Odyssey 29K and sold for 7k after 9 years, that average less than 250 mb they rarely gave me headaches and problems once they start to 90K miles, it's time to get rid of them and I had scratches and dings do not have to worry about it unlike a lease, it's my car, and I AIN worth paying t difficult to avoid scratches or mileage.



I've been struggling with this decision myself recently and frugal with the money I'd like to think that I am, I decided to keep my old car, bear the cost of maintenance versus the purchase of a new car for me, I'm not really concerned about the mileage I put on my car that I keep a pleasant look and follow the maintenance or repair that I have to find a car that I like, a 2014 Chevy Cruze, and compared to the car I have a 2001 Pontiac grand Am While Pontiac V6 4cyl in the Cruze, MPG operates on surprsingly even I still have the largest listing AM window sticker if 21City 33Highway, the only thing missing is the Cruze is a docking station for MP3 But the great Am have a cassette player in the stereo system and 1 October 00 my cassette adapter great plays MP3 am I now drop 00 2000 for work of Transmit ion battery and motor, but it is still better than the 20 000 00 I dropped to a new Cruze and all I would have shown for this would have been a ve j ack MP3 player into the stereo Keeping my old car, I put some money in it, but 18 000 00 saved.
I live in Winnipeg as well and I drive a 2000 Ford Taurus station wagon with 140K Recently my car acted like your car, I wanted to change the plugs and it was about $ 250, so I did not do anyone m told me to check the filter and it was my air filter was very dirty, I bought a filter for $ 8 in a party store on Pembina, and everything started working fine then, if you please check your air filter, who knows, it may fix the problem.
Wow, I'm playing in Winnipeg as I bought a 2006 Chevy Uplander opportunity in 2010 and is the best car I've ever owned Drove back to Vancouver, Toronto return, Saskatoon, Regina and back and so on Now, I just put new tires on it two months ago, and the transmission went automotive store said it needs new shocks, cV covers and has an engine knock I do not want buy a new car, I also like to be debt free, but how to make some of the best car you have any leads.
Find a good mechanic of shade trees for shock, HP, etc. and look around the city if necessary for a guy transmission I learned tranny rebuild costs can vary considerably from one city to another, since stores are known to charge what the market will bear I found a mechanic TOP NOTCH on Craigs list laid off steel work to replace four shock struts was only 90 I provide the parties never think average new car no repair bills My 2006 Shoddyota Hyundai Sonata needed 1000 shortly engine work after the second owner of the warranty has expired when he was 5, he had less than 30,000 miles a paint job factory on my 1995 Escort less orange peel that the 2006 Hyundai both are white vehicles Escort has spring side mirrors, but not that I has Shoddyota i paid 4500 for escort when he was 5 years and 14,500 for the Hyundai when he was 1 year old, I'll probably have the escort after Hyundai is long gone.



My 20 years, 2 owner, exposure condition 1995 Ford Escort hatchback 170,000 miles out of town, I kept track of all expenses and depending on the sale price if he sold the total cost per mile 100,000 miles of my property from 2000 to 2015 will be 23 cents to 25 cents per mile includes fixed and variable gas, repairs, insurance, registration, etc. repairs were normal maintenance and I do the work myself or find a shade tree mechanic Although repairs over the past 15 years have been done by a professional gift t I believe the final cost exceed 30 cents per mile.
Yes, the car has been maintained meticulously The only reason you do not see more of these escorts vintage on the road, they finished second in sales to back the Civic in the day is due to owners who often ignore the routine maintenance should be mentioned Ford teamed up with Mazda in the early nineties when this exceptionally reliable car is like a Mazda Protege equally worthy of praise.
Never skimp on changing the transmission fluid and you will prevent a gunked valve body, and the best way to keep cool T fluid is draw two quarters of the fill tube every time you change the oil No need to drop the pan You must obtain the fluid temperature T just turn away easily too hot is dangerous and it won t run if it is too cold.
I drive my car into the ground 99 My Cadillac STS head gasket started to leak 2011 is when I decided not to keep more and bought an old used car 7 years instead of buying a new car I also had a Ford Windstar limited 2001 head gasket blew while I was in a range in the gas station costco 2011 is when I decided to sell it for scrap and buy another 8 years old used car that I struggled for a long time with my wife to buy new VS used and it made more financial sense to buy used the main thing that makes used cars is the financial benefit due to less annual depreciation of the new car, taxes, freight, interest charges, environmental charges, fuel taxes and charges, administration fees, blah blah blah, and the list goes on and adds be soooo much more than taxes and maintenance of a used car My father, being a senior, bought a brand new 2008 Honda accord to 29000 on the road price, he said he come out ahead because he said that I did not have to worry a bout maintenance and fixing the car five years later, I calculate its loss of buying and owning a new car 12500 2008 Honda grants low mileage for sale for 16500 on kijiji AutoTrader everything piece goes not so bright after all depreciation and worse, he still had to spend a little more for a little car maintenance, although nothing major.
In 2011, I bought a 2004 Lexus RX330 opportunity fully loaded with GPS navigation for 12,500 plus HST 140000kms kilometer I spent 1000 on a new timing belt, pump, belts, spark plugs, adjusting all main flush fluid and 800 on new brake calipers, rotors and rear brake pads before my total cost of the first year after owning this car was 16000 all taxes includes 3 5 years this car today is worth about 11 000 178000kms kilometer Vee I only lost about 5,000 in depreciation vs Honda my father agreed.



The other car I bought in 2011 was a 2003 Lexus ES300 for 11,300 plus HST mileage 28500kms an old car 8 years to this day I only had to replace the brake pads front and rear at a cost of $ 260 per year rotation of winter tires tires the car is now valued at about 9,500 miles is 69000 kms in 3270 I lost the amortization over a period of 3 to 5 years.
And remember, the book value of a car means nothing.
I drive a 2000 Ford Taurus and it never let me down It has 161,000 miles on it and continue to go and don t look very bad.
The value of this car is the fact that he did what any new car would do, and start taking me where I'm going to that, he books a whooping 894 but can not be replaced for good reason in my book .
Not to mention it was the Vulcan for all who know about these engines, it has a lot of life left.



My book value will escape no matter what I spend the equivalent of a May 1 purchase May 28 15K in repairs in 14 years Although mechanically I replaced everything but the engine, the body is rusted Boston winters inside the passenger is cosmetically damaged the felt came out the door and when the adhesive wouldn t hold, in frustration I used an industrial stapler to replace the equipment that I took very careful of inside the car, which is obvious, but the white stickers rust pawprints on it won t add to this is the value If I were a guy and put the patient time to deal with people that I sell? d for parts.
Yes, the ubiquitous rust is the only thing it's just no cure for that is what finally killed him after 20 years of faithful service of my father in 1990 Geo Prizm He hated you let this car, but it was or wait until he let go of him.
Great way to mind if I steal to let go of him.
I drive a 2001 Ford Escape that hit 62,000 miles far today, I had to replace the transmission, all the control arm, the exhaust, the axel ABS, battery 3-4 times the water pump, 4 tires twice- well, put it this way, I have replaced everything except the engine in the first 4-5 years, the electrical system failed me so many times I got tickets for the head and the tail lights which have been replaced; I had finally disable expensive add-on, the moon roof after 5 years, as it fell from the power of the track and the set would have cost in 1200 when the car in October 2000 Cost 28500 Fast Forward, 2015 now I will soon need struts and timing belt or was it therefore coil every month or every two months I need a repair that, if I want to drive the car- will not cost less than 300 for the drivable care then there's the comfort Factor- the light on the radio and dashboard ago 10 years, the driver window regulator has been replaced twice and must be replaced again, seatbelts were still remembered and don t work properly, the more they are dirty disgusting- the driver's seat is evil relaxation comfortable, the air bag light flashes constantly issue seatbelts and now tonight, a light table bor d began to flash, then next engine light came and stayed, I had at least 7 reminders and spent 100 0s on rentals and lost in the 1000 s downtime factor in the co hours untless the phone with mechanics, driving around to get and back rent or forward and back to the gas station and spend all that money fearing to drive very far now because I do not trust the car and I have 8 years 62000 miles since August 2014 I have spent all the money repairing a rusted body sideswiped Boston hit and run drivers are a normal and expected a monthly event that I could have spent a down payment for a new used car now, I have no money Don t keep a car you trust t, don t like and fear of driving I never, never drive another Ford, they not take care of me, not a e once, and I'll probably never buy another American car- this is the third and last time I was screwed.



Even here with GM Suburban, Silverados, Grand Am GT worse, have so many problems with all, countless check engine lights, readings of electric, false, coolant leakage, the seal fails, security lock false readings, cilinder lack fire, oxygen sensor All these cars are now sold and we went to Honda and Nissan no problems Even after the interview 100K cheap, best looking cars.
Thank you, Lawrence, it's nice to be heard and not rejected by 800 reasons why I am not wrong My my facts are facts, someone else experience is experience recently I have admired, but my sister Equinox SUV from GM, a Ford dealer, she asked me are you mad I asked Jeeps, she asked are you mad at you nuts Bloodforge she loves her Rogue However, last night, watching the news about economic recovery, yay finally, the big 3 automakers are hot hot hot that scare me about buying a very affordable car because they reported the hottest topic of the automotive market in 7 years I think I missed all the price I need an SUV I like the look of the average size Hundai s and sister Kia says they work well but are made of tin, so not a good Hit chronic option for Boston Run conduct narrowing the Rogue can to ujours t take me to drive a CRV, too popular lost my crush on the Murano - for some reason, it looks like a hearse ride, I have to start driving, but Botto m test line is financial and I obviously must whcich have a car I can fit in and out more and more because of problems and degenerative w my spine and fortune that I am not spending bc condo HOA refuses to make repairs of the common parts.
I drive a 1994 gmc jimmy my father had for 17 years, and gave it to me when I passed my drivers test then I got married and I have owned and maintained for 5 years and my high mechanic told me that he blow by excessive oil and rings are in custody and it hurts weightlifters I put 8k in this vehicle 5 years old and my father put 11k in 17 years in many memories were had in this vehicle ive essentially restored the original kept other than seats and carpets and the engine and the spare tire cover and the wheels and paint I would put another engine it also causes ihave now led my children as well as my father driving in it.
I keep my cars 10 years I had 2003 Escape with a V6 and in addition to a front axle I had no problems with him and he had 82k when I traded in I think after 10 years, the cars start needing major repairs such as timing belts, breaks, exhausts, rust on the body, etc. Anything I do in 10 years of property is to change the oil once a year off, replace the transmission fluid once again, flush the coolant once replaced once the battery and replace tires once I would never borrow 28k for a car if you keep a car well beyond the pay there no reason you can not have 5k 10k as a down payment as when I swapped 2003 escape I got 4k why I try to keep payments 500 a month I do not know where the may 73 rate interest came from I receive usually less 3 banks.
You have a sentimental attachment to your car Maybe it was your first car, a gift from a loved one or a dream car you finally able to buy for you, buying a new car mean giving up an old friend it's not the strongest argument in favor of the binding, but is a real one.



Much better to continue to drive that old paid car- you only need liability insurance I have an old Ford Focus 9 years has paid and since it is $ 2000 I Downgrading the liability insurance that is $ 400 a year it gets decent gas mileage so why should I buy a new car so I went 250 dollar payments, plus 150 per month for 9 months for insurance almost zero to my credit score increased when I paid the car.
Many people say that if you overspend on repairs, maybe it's time to replace that old car How about replacing it before you have to go, I know, things sometimes just to low and you can not just sell or exchange it like that, but in my case I have a problem 8 years Mazda 3, which has developed a brake that nobody can even diagnose different mechanisms tell me different things the car is still drivable, but I do not want to start spending on repairs with uncertain results how can they be corrected if they can not even diagnose the most, I have money for a new car needs nothing of fantasy.
I am attached to my old small SUV paid 13 years I have a trusted mechanic to work, and every time I think about buying a new car, the cost shocks me to keep my old car that still looks good and well led.
Ugh has spent in 1200 on our 2006 exhaust hose pipe and catalytic converter before I think and check engine light keeps coming on So now it is back catalytic needs to replace about 1500 and even then there's no guarantee the engine has won t give up I'm retired, my husband was planning to retire next year, but now our dilemma is whether we get another used car or a newer version of old used car only 2 years Will take a loan anyway I drive a 2004 Cavalier and altho I had to replace the engine something every mechanic tells me is extremely rare for this model my only other repairs are the usual tires, etc. My car works much like as teenagers piece of crap that painting fate, but we can not just use a car as I need time to time to me for a part-time job, I If we buy more recent around 15,000 I'm thinking it will be the last car we buy so better be good to start with we just aren t sure what to do newer car loan with 5 years or less, car Used more with only 3 years.


Keep Driving an old car or buy new What better Financially, keep, driving better.