Wednesday, July 27, 2016

BMW 3series vs Lexus IS

2013 Lexus IS 250 F Sport v 2013 BMW 320i Sport



I loved the interior of the IS 250AWD it feels The leather seats are comfortable and safe wonderfull simply no competition to another car I drove the car looks expensive from within and outside.
The handling of the SI was good 250AWD The suspension was large and very comfortable There was very little body roll brakes were great and there was very little nose dive.
Finally, probably the only thing I didnt like was the driving No, that's not underpowered global But early before the engine power kicks feels slow and lazy Once you accelerate the engine is very smooth and powerful I am very satisfied, even the BMW salesguy said that Lexus has done a good job with the iS.
I also tried the 325i the same day, the behavior of the car was great The suspension was also very comfortable, it has absorbed the rough roads very well the engine was smooth, powerful, and quite the car was very good premise on the road, no body spray so ever Oh, and the brakes are great.
Now for the bad news Compared to the Lexus, the 325i was the annoying air inside and outside The interior was well done, but it was not as beautiful appearance that is to outside the car looked boring, nothing, just didnt special stand at all.



Bottom line good car, but with the exception of an advantage in performance, I see nothing that would stand out from the Lexus.
IS350 - beautiful pros luxury touches, powerful engine reliability. Lexus
Against slow 6-speed automatic reaction, body roll in corners, the traction control of the intrusive stability, flat seats that offer no support, wave direction, zero roadfeel - like floating on a costly maintenance cloud over the first 4 years about 1k.
With sports package and compulsory premium car stickers 41k.



330i - pros sublime handling, excellent seating position, supportive seats, almost perfect layout of the dashboard, smooth, 6-speed manual engine, made at high speeds, maintenance-European delivery option.
BMW Disadvantages reliability, small mirrors, the engine needs more power.
With the sport package, leather, car stickers comfort access at least 41k BMW European delivery prices of 35 ACC discount 5k.
Easy winner 330i more fun to drive and 6k cheaper with maintenance in the equation considered.
Well it's too late to why but I will tomorrow lol I just wanted to let you guys.
But I know my personal BWM he cam to 52K and 48K was my IS350 as well.



This could be my con about BWM I can think to this worm when Oh BTW.
Legar his cool you started and I adore continue this conversation later.
Well, I agree with you inside Lexus wins hands The IS250 RWD seemed slow I have to assume that the AWD version would be unbearable for me, especially when looking at the sticker price with options the seats are very unsatisfactory I had to reposition my body before the relatively sharp turns I took test driving the body roll car was clear and evident, although admittedly it was a non-motor sport package equipped IS250 trim the IS350 was sport package and the roll had not been as badly, although I could still feel the AT doesn t perform as well as a manual sequential true when you move the steering feel was like driving a Cadillac DTS IMO is the IS350 very nice and hides part of the IS250 mistakes much better of course it could be that the driver is so happy with the engine power that aspect of the car is great ph noménale not the style, however, is forgettable although when you see it, you know is that the IS is a worm car- especially nice are IS350 trim.
As for the BMW 3 Series, it has exceptional handling very good acceleration, but not until IS350 The interior levels, although I prefer the theme Lexus technocentric is reasonable no-frills It is just basic simplicity- gauges, controls air conditioning, sound system, seats very favorable throughout the sport and a manual option for those who want the outside is immediately recognizable as a BMW and he's a good looking car maintenance free is a good program the only aspect of IMO questionable design is the conical backend is too Other than if Bangle made a pretty nice car.



The G35 has an exhaust note to die for IMO is the best sounding engine in sub-50K category It certainly doesn t sound like the V6 car is nice to drive all but management just doesn t feel as natural variable as the 3 series or even the Toronto Stock Exchange for the issue, it provides enough feedback to keep all but the most difficult to satisfy driver happy the real world gas mileage on this car looks very atrocious compared to the competiton inside is only slightly better than the fuel consumption, but it is quite functional They updated the inside of my greatest happiness for the 2005 model with real aluminum trim a rosewood grain is availible too I think.
The next step Acura This slickest manual in the IMO class for the money the overall package can t be beat This car can be done with all for about 30K easy OTD This could be a true BMW drummer or at least a competitor serious in terms of handling if Honda must pass a RWD platform or SH-AWD and add a little power size is about right for me to a sports sedan and the car has a very strong manipulation already despite be FWD After driving both versions of the sports suspension of a-Spec package is really worth This is a fun car that could be even better with a bit more refinement and power.
The Audi A4 Quattro 2 0T has enough little courage despite being such a heavy car I was very surprised that this was the first time I drove one of the new Audi They almost eliminated in turbo lag this new engine I felt good with a linear power and torque coming in early and staying late Maj aT Sport mode and you feel even more power and aT keeps a little gears on a side note I ' tried the Audi A3 DSG while I was there and all I can say is WOW about this thing DSG should replace all aT IMO on Earth A3 is a viable alternative to those considering cars like the Mini Cooper inside Audi has looked the best when you consider the materials used in all it was very rich in search of a contemporary way.
Against slow 6-speed automatic reaction, body roll in corners, the traction control of the intrusive stability, flat seats that offer no support, wave direction, zero roadfeel - like floating on a costly maintenance cloud over the first 4 years about 1k.
IS350 has made it the fastest machine out there, you may prefer a manual better, but that's another story altogether As for floating on a cloud, not sure what kind cloud you were Floating On; The IS350 is certainly much tighter handling 5 series and 7 series I've owned in the past for the first 4yr maintenance, didn t you say you keep your car for 3 years Why would anyone want to be required to pay for a year will never be appreciated.
330i - pros sublime handling, excellent seating position, supportive seats, almost perfect layout of the dashboard, smooth, 6-speed manual engine, made at high speeds, maintenance-European delivery option.



Seats too tight and uncomfortable manual trasmission completely useless that I never gave my order City Driving language parody of the plays VDIM tear, and the automatic option, which is actually purchased by most buyers series 3, is slow as a snail compared to the car on the IS350 4yr maintenance is a mandatory loss of money I never keep a 3 series beyond a lease of 3 years, frankly while renting for 3 years, it is very doubtful a modern engine will seize up if I change oil only once, at the 18k mark infringing content removed -out-luck for the buyer lease returns, I know.
With the sport package, leather, car stickers comfort access at least 41k BMW European delivery prices of 35 ACC discount 5k.
The cost of the ventilated seat not available, so infinite that I will never buy another blow compact sports sedan without ventilated seats warm marble in tight seats are unbearable in summer to cut purchasing costs, if you have a Lexus Visa card, you can earn enough points lop up to 10 of the purchase price with Sport IS350 Considering that only premium bills package for just over 34k which includes everything in the 35 BMW 41k 5k plus perforated leather Heated and ventilated seats, power-adjustable steering wheel with memory, rain-sensing wipers, therefore, with the card, you can get just about 31k when the IS350 is finally up to 500 on the bill as they always do .
Easy winner IS350 more fun to drive and infinitely 5k or less.
Damn what options do you have on the cars to make that expensive seriously if you were willing to spend 52K on a Series 3, you should really try the M3 or the 530i.
The cost of the ventilated seat not available, so the infinite, I will never buy another blow compact sports sedan without ventilated seats warm marble in tight seats are unbearable in summer.



To each his own I do not see in these seats You see the value, I see garbage same goes for the heated seats.
In terms of reducing purchasing costs, if you have a Lexus Visa card, you can earn enough points to trim as many as 10 of the purchase price.
On the Lexus Visa site Win 1 5 points for every 1 spent in net purchases every day - that art 50 more than most rewards cards e g 5000 7500 spent 75 exchangeable at Lexus dealerships 2.
So to get 10 35k on a car you need to spend more 235,00 I could put mortgage all my rental properties on this card and to take a few years to reach this level.



Considering that the IS350 Sport Premium Package only invoices for just over 34k.
Unable to get at that time ED 330i as specified can be ordered today 36k.
Which includes all the 35 BMW 41k 5k, more perforated leather, heated and ventilated seats, power adjustment wheel with memory, rain-sensing wiper.
330i has wipers without rain-sensor value, and they've had telescopic tilt wheels for years and years no power to thank God memory seats are also standard Again, missing more cooled seats heated If we lay silent features, adaptive headlights Bixenon on self IS350 on automatic stop because they're standard on the 330i.
So with the card, you can get just about 31k when the IS350 is finally up to 500 on the bill as they always do.



finally keyword spending 235k on a credit card is not an easy feat, but business costs Get an IS 500 on the invoice shouldn t be possible for a spell or in other words, for the now it's a pipe dream.
All I can now Arranged and without gross expenditures to achieve this.
Unfortunately, the car you have described still lacks a suitable transmission and poor ergonomics of the seats.
Amen What is the point of having the ultimate driving machine if the failure side of the reliability of the road for me is the key Give me a Japanese car every day of the year so if the Lexus IS is 2nd better so I m okay with that as long as I pass the BMW on the side of the road while they wait for this great support too expensive prone road side vehicle Go get your broken BMW Go now make a financial decision intelligent.



Reliability is a huge problem for almost everyone, and Lexus has certainly earned their reputation among the best - probably the best real - automatic for reliability.
What I have not a good grip is the BMW reliable proof BMW Annecdotal seen on the side of the road are just that - annecdotal I'm not looking at these two cars and reliability is certainly a question I found some interesting information JD power initial quality survey in 2005 had first Lexus by about 20 manufacturers, with 81 problems per 100 vehicles BWM third with 95, while the average was 118 idustry Read the article and graph According to the study, yes, the Lexus is more reliable, but the difference is small.
But there must be more information out there than anything anyone has good sources of information on the reliability of these cars I realize both the IS and 3 series are too new, so we'll having to settle for previous models.
I suspect that this difference in reliability can close; when the new IS is compared to three.
The reason that Lexus has improved reliability because they are never driven aggressively, either because they can 146; t or you wouldn 146; t want.
If I remember the previous GS has a reliability rating worse than the rest of the Lexus family because he was driven 147, just over 148; aggressively.



From my personal experience, I 146; have never seen a Lexus pushed on 2K rpm I'm often stuck behind them.
I still think that reliability is related to demographics with Lexus covering the geriatric club sofa analogy comes here to give a similar sofa in a house frat, and give a grandmother to a conclusion on the sofa 146; s reliability wouldn 146; t make sense in this situation, but for self 146; s we do it all the time.
Hmmm let's see every car company has few cars sitting on the Lexus Road side included It is not only European and American car problem all Japanese cars are not flawless and I refuse to believe for example reliability BMW I won t set up to say they have a better overall balance of the track as Lexus, but I know it's not as bad as you all are claiming If this were how would still in the business case to the point that I 1998 Chevy Malibu as one of my cars has 140,000 miles on it with never a problem apart from routine maintenance, 1 alternator change earlier this year 2 carefully belt 1 changes and any replacement of the battery is the other original equipment If I believe what people believe because of the joke s magazine Consumer Reports as then none of this would have been possible.
So how I'm going to believe that each manufacturer has the ability to make a big car without problem in the same way they can make a dud Oh and as far as Mercedes reliability my mother and sister both have neither one of them never have a problem with them everything they do is routine maintenance so does your theory also where just the honest truth but when all is said and done.



Despite what Lexus engineers say, Lexus IS AT is nearly as quick as Ferrari F1 The fact that someone might think that this is a clear indication that someone drinks too much juice go to Lexus it is one of the best all I tried, but it is not even in the same league with a sequential manual transmission when it comes to moving speeds you should go this weekend and try A3 or M3 to see the difference before the transmission requests If you decide to go so make sure that you drive the car really fast so you can see and appreciate the difference.
Hi texasmerg - I fully agree with the quote in italics is what I reponding to - someone else statement that self IS as the faster I drove the A3 with DSG and it was a blast as someone who would never consider a self seiously transsexual, I have to admit it made me think about it it was fun pity Audi won t sell 2 0T A3 quattro with this engine just subjugates Front-wheel Drive.
On the other hand, I didn t experience this excitement level of driving pleasure the IS 250 AWD self He opted slowly and was not nearly as light sense Audi need the model 2 0T Quattro.
Yes, I know that I had inadvertantly answered your message instead of another Sorry for the confusion, I think Audi Quattro coming A3 2 0T and DSG will also be offered exclusively on the A3 3 2 Quattro IIRC I also agree with you that the 2 0T draws a lot and the car feels a little unbalanced without Quattro.
OTOH I didn t experience this level of fun with the IS250 RWD, but the IS350 was at least more entertaining than the IS250.
This may be the case, but this does not prove that BMW are notoriously unreliable.



This is relative compared to Lexus, they are compared to Pontiac they could better ysa always exceptions All I'm saying is Lexus generally seems to lead in this category, and everyone is looking for an honest BMW or MB exec admits Lexus is a more reliable vehicle.
Bottom Line Buy the car that excites you If you focus only on CR JD Power statistics you may end up owning a very competent and reliable transport aircraft yawn.
Excellent point, and that raises another thought I personally do not trust the critics JD Power CR because I used to work for a company who actually use it to conduct real marketing surveys and compile data for publications Some tactics suspicious that various companies use, and frankly they almost all do, are what put me off to such publications as reliable sources I was on several marketing teams myself when I was working there and to please this market subject-studies are a joke I honestly say that the automotive enthusiast magazines are much more credible in terms of long-term critical but it is important that there is default 1 a long-term test car if the reputation of the model can go up and down on this one tester car.
Edmunds is the best source available, I personally found that you can communicate with the property owner you should take some thoughts with a grain of salt as a forum.



Also this forum is not on the BMW and Lexus.
Have you watched Could you please indicate statistically statistics where BMW3 had an average score below for more than two years is reliability so bad I do not think.
My point is the reliability may be the only criterion for you, but I'm not buying a dishwasher, I am, Maytag buying a car that will maximize my pleasure and for me the criteria most important in choosing a car.
Personally I do not trust the CR JD Power comments because I used to work for a company who actually use it to conduct real marketing surveys and compile data for these publications.



It ceases to amaze me how someone could use the CR and JD Powers as their only criteria for buying a car.
SWTF What kind of job guarantee in your 03 MB-added model 9K What was it that I have owned 4 MB s and 2 s BMW since 1997 and has never known you deduct all MB owners BMW experience you may have noticed that the parent Lexus - Toyota - has had several important reminders ended If what you want is hassle free, just take the bus.
I'm sure your Lexus dealer will happily sell you an IS and hope you enjoy.
costly maintenance during the first 4 years or 1k I Agree.



I do not think it as bad as I felt that the 325i isolated from the road very well, I thought was great; I do not want to feel bad roads, it gives me a headache.
With the sport package, leather, car stickers comfort access at least 41k BMW European delivery prices of 35 ACC discount 5k.
Wow, sounds really good, but tell me how much would it cost to fly two people to Europe and stay there for a few days just to get this agreement What postage.
The exterior is immediately recognizable as a BMW and he's a good looking car.
Yes, the design is not bad, but I'm talking about things other than the 330i is much like the 18-inch wheels, but the 325i with 16inch sounds boring The 16-inch wheels are ugly The paint job looks cheaper than the 330i It looks like an average car, to tell you the truth, I even noticed the BMW DonT more road.
It's just basic simplicity- gauges, climate controls, sound system.



boring basic simplicity I want something flashy, I want to get into the car that looks fun inside.

BMW 3series vs Lexus IS, Lexus, the price of European delivery early years approximately, Comfort Access leather.