Saturday, December 2, 2017

Teaching English in Japan AEON

Teaching English in Japan for a Eikaiwa!



AEON teachers acquire education and skills in international business while developing professionally and personally in Japan of the flight allocation and furnished to our competitive salary and paid vacations, AEON provides the best opportunity for you to work and live in Japan.
My apartment is located in a small residential area near the city center is in a fairly new three-story building with four units on each floor There is a small kitchen with two hotplates and a stove There is a zone main house with a table, desk, chairs, cable and internet connection, I have a closet, but space is extremely limited My apartment also has a loft allowing more space in the living room in overall though, it's nice setup.
In spring, summer and fall, I like to go to local festivals Most notable that I was in was a battle of giant kite held in the country, I went to a pro wrestling match and some of the live performance venues to see local bands.
And of course, I study Japanese every weekend I take a two-hour lesson that helps to speak at home, I spend a bit of kanji learning time, which made a difference in my experience in Japan.
Our school is quite large and surprisingly busy to be in a small town, I am not able to manage my time and stay organized and communicate with my colleagues if I ever have any questions or need help to use my time wisely helps me to maintain throughout my composure the day I never feel outdated at school because I am able to stay on top of my responsibilities of a typical day at work I anywhere from 5-8 classes I usually have an hour earlier Office in the day to do administrative work I have to finish my lunch break lasts an hour and is usually in the first half of the day Our school is the busiest in the evening the kids out of school and adults finish the job.



The city of Sendai is the largest city in the Tohoku region, Sendai School is the largest English conversation school in the region Many students commute away from neighboring prefectures for work and school in Sendai, but at the same time, there are also many students who live nearby who come to AEON as their hobby Our students come from diverse backgrounds and study for various reasons recently, more and more students are studying business English through interaction with the students, the teacher can learn about Japan, and grow as a person so a teacher who can be flexible with the expectations and needs of each student would crowned with success AEON welcomes people who can work in a team are friendly and outgoing, and take responsibility to teach their students the maximum.
Yamaguchi is not too big or too small; time doesn t too hot or too cold, I met a lot of nice people it is what I had in mind as a place where I wanted to work and live in this region is famous for the hot springs I have really enjoyed the footbath ashi-yu it was a mini-adventure trying to find the location of all My apartment is it's pretty easy to get around there are three grocery stores, four stores, two small post offices, relatively few dry cleaning and laundry I m also within walking distance to the train station I take Japanese classes, play soccer and volleyball I also take a bus tour every year in different parts of my Japanese teacher prefecture generally told me information on tourist events or day trips My colleague another foreign teacher helped me develop my Japanese classes and my students also told me about Eve events when they know I'm interested in them.
I work at the Kanazawa branch school in Ishikawa prefecture for nearly 5 years I used to be a student at this school, I'm really happy to be back as a teacher My responsibility as a teacher main is to help other teachers in their quest to provide good care for students therefore, as team leader, I help teachers reach their potential to be the best asset to school while living Japan, foreign teachers may know the differences of culture and customs I also give them support when they encounter difficulties in work or outside work, I help them move their other Japanese and vice versa, I would create an atmosphere in which my colleagues can work well together.
The initial training provided an overview of the nuts and bolts of AEON, both as a business and a school Introduction expectations daily was dead, and the time to practice and preparation was a big help when it came time to teach my first lesson Having had the opportunity to familiarize myself with the company and the classroom contributed to help me build confidence in what I was doing before I entered my school branch so far I've only seen the self-study training course was very useful to help me understand exactly what courses and contain the best way to adapt the right path to studying law, to ensure they reach the goals they want to achieve.
Arrival in Japan was easy and smooth Narita train connects directly with the line going to the house of formation, it was very interesting to see all the way.



Everything I needed for my week training was available to me, it was a good introduction to prepare for life in Japan as it was quite a suburban area with not too many distractions to get ready to face the challenge ahead.
The training was great It provided me with the basic tools I needed to succeed Get to know the people you train with as they will probably be your best friends during your time in Japan, it is very important to make sure you get enough rest, though, as you need to be a sponge to absorb all the tips and tricks the trainers training provided me with the basic tools I needed, but your success is your big effort.
My students are suburbanites so they are very welcoming to me every week, I like to hear amazing stories about their lives and help them achieve their goals in English Sometimes we share laughter and cultural differences during the talk lobby After the children follow a follow-up workshop, I began to see that my students were excited to learn English, a little too excited over time I came with unique tactics to channel their energy into lesson; I always have to keep in mind Hey, fair child Now I love the classes with energetic children, they pay attention to how you react to them, I always manage to work 20 minutes earlier I need five minutes to clean around the school before the morning meeting early afternoon can be quiet so that I may or may not have first class; so I help my homeroom teacher or manager I have four classes back to back after lunch, so I'm usually full of energy ready to teach lessons to children and adults.
I am the director at Yokohama school my opinion, a school is like a ship, I'm the captain, and I have my team I have to tell them where we're headed every month and give them advice how we will get there Everyone has a different role in the team, but they need to be able to do their work to the maximum so that we can achieve our goal if we aren t rowing in the same direction, we can not achieve our objectives, it is important that everyone wants to achieve the same objective in order to achieve this, it returns to the communication Without it, it is impossible.



Arriving in Japan, I'm too excited for the first few days to see how jet lag, I was I was greeted at the airport by a coach, and we met other trainees We had a few minutes to present and discuss our cities at home before we left for our hotel the trainer very helpfully pointed groceries and a few restaurants near the hotel, and he met us in the lobby on the first morning to show us how to the headquarters of the hotel room was simple and comfortable location It was two metro stations of the training there was a small electric stove and refrigerator, so I was able to cook for me -even during the training week.
Initial training has taught me so much on the commercial aspects of the life and teaching at my school the time the week was over, I knew how to teach a lesson to AEON different levels of students, I knew I would likely interact with other teachers and office staff, and I understand my responsibilities around.
On a typical day, I come, help the Japanese staff with cleaning, and set up in my room for my classes I give somewhere between one to three classes before lunch between each class I talk to students the lobby, or work on self-learning control testing of additional study materials that students buy to complement their skills After lunch, I teach two to three lessons for children and change the rhythm back to adults lessons My days have tend to keep a fast pace and go pretty quickly it was very difficult to keep a group of six years, the attention of young people for long periods of time, but I'm working to find games and activities that every child had fun and when I saw their attention in decline I tried to change the pace of the lesson to keep them constantly engaged naturally in one year is an ongoing challenge that requires new supplies constantly solutions.
Miyazaki has a relaxed atmosphere compared to other cities in Japan The weather is warm, the food is delicious and the people are so nice and relaxed even in the bottom of Kyushu, there are many Western amenities to help Cafeterias transition even Starbucks, malls western style of foreign food stores, fast food chains, etc. Dry cleaning is easy and I do not speak Japanese there is a pointer to a schedule and nodding involved groceries take a little getting used to especially with all sauces, fish and other tastes alternative of the Japanese diet once my bank account configuration was the bank was relatively easy post office can be a little difficult with all the papers and all, but the workers are very helpful and they have a lot of English guides to help you I'm taking Japanese classes twice a week at the International Center in the same building as my arm of the outgoing school foreign teacher helped me to develop the lessons.
week of training was very well paced and informative Trainers were very understanding of our adaptation to a new environment, so I did not feel overwhelmed me work at all Although there is a lot of information to cover, we could take a lot of breaks, into practice what has been taught and work with each other to improve our lessons He helped me understand the overall structure of the lesson and what was expected of me at school branch, I felt that, after the initial training, I am comfortable teaching course and I knew how to work with team staff to create a pleasant atmosphere for students monitoring training was a good week for me to access all of my questions and receive feedback on how I can improve my lessons workshop helped me better understand some important aspects of the school and to use that knowledge to work with staff and help students improve.



I work AEON for seventeen years, the first seven years as a part-time teacher and ten years as head teacher, so I had many opportunities to work with Japanese and foreign teachers of various horizons, I try above all to maintain the best possible care of AEON students believe it is one of the most important factors to make our schools successful, I can not do it all by myself, although my belief is that the staff should always try to regroup, to share information and work on the problems that professional is not easy, but at the same time you feel is most rewarding when you see your students progress or improvement in the classroom and get positive feedback from them about my experience of successful teachers are autonomous, flexible, proud to be professional and ready to help their COLLEGE guages ​​at any time to work abroad doesn t always mean being able to explore a different place, but means being out of the things you have been to Tomed Batteries for long.
First of all, I like people, most of my students were super nice and I really just enjoy talking with them, I love to see them grow in the language, but I prefer is when I get to see the an objective that I like to hear that the student went abroad and how they got out of it because of their language skills My biggest personal challenge was nervousness; I do not know how I'm going to do here in a new country teaching, I overcame the friendliness and helpfulness of the people I worked with First they made me feel very comfortable and relaxed, and the other First, they were there for me whenever I needed help at all.
The biggest challenge I faced during my first month of school taught my students names constant practice and talk to my students inside and outside of the classroom made me take up this challenge to see my students significantly improve their English skills and achieve their goals such as TOEIC, STEP, etc. made me very happy and satisfied as a teacher of English to enhance our teaching skills, we usually have children AEON Trainings followed twice a year to refresh our children lessons we also have self-training workshops to learn about new and existing self-study materials we have and practice our consulting skills.
Life in my city is great because it is easy to get around by bicycle Many people therefore lead sidewalks are open to bike My city has many restaurants and the food is not too expensive compared to large cities The atmosphere of the city and the people are relaxed and that fits my personality my apartment is one bedroom with a loft the loft is an extra section of the apartment it is particularly pleasant during the winter because it is very comfortable and warm lA- down the kitchen and bathroom are in a separate section of the apartment near my entrance the apartment has all the basics for life and all I provided when I installed.



I go to two separate Japanese language courses Both are organized by volunteers and they are very willing to organize cultural exchange events The last event I attended was a trip to an old city pottery.
Recently, when I took salsa lessons Other salsa students are Japanese They taught me everything now used and try some Japanese conversations to try to help me I found this class to some Japanese friends who will at the same school.
My Japanese classes were announced in local information sheets and in an English magazine.
My apartment is a modern loft-style apartment, it consists of a main room that has a built-in library and dressing, which is my sleeping area It's like on the top bunk There is also a built in table and desk in the room the entrance hallway is my kitchen with toilet and bathroom off of it the main room is very bright because it has a large balcony, which is ideal for drying clothes I came with bedding and kitchen utensils when I arrived.
Asahikawa is a small town by Japanese standards, but I think art one reason why people here are so nice that I often see students from downtown on the weekend and it is fun to have a chat with them, there are also many festivals, and my students always have great recommendations for me.
Japanese life is full of little inventions and ideas that make things easier, and I think that my own country could take these ideas also, for example, ticket numbering system on the bus is quite easy, and you can do many things at the convenience stores, such as paying bills, buy tickets and print photos.



I also found the rules of Japanese etiquette quite interesting, and the language itself, I'm studying.
I helped with some preparations of the festival, I painted floats for a summer parade, which was pretty fun My manager has a lot of local connections with people all over the city, she discovers events like this from time to time and invites the teachers to come along.
As this was my first trip abroad, things were a bit overwhelming at first, but soon after meeting at the airport my training mates, I was able to relax and start to really enjoy myself .
During training, we were in a seminar house, which is similar to a college dorm There was a kitchen, laundry, dining room and vending machines Every room we had futons, bathroom and closet.



My training week was fantastic At first I was a little nervous about teaching that I had never done before, but the people I trained with was a lot of fun and I felt like I was hanging with my college roommates trainers were also kind and helpful which allowed me to myself and really learn how to be a teacher.
Having no experience as a teacher before coming to Japan, initial training was very useful, especially at the end of the week we had to learn a brief lesson real students AEON This exercise really prepared me when I happened to my school and had to teach my own students.
Shopping is so easy to Yamagata There is a supermarket 24 hours between my apartment and office Even if we finish work late, I know there will be no problem if I have to buy products 'grocery.
The post office is just 2 minutes from the office, so if I have to send a letter to the house there is a lot of time to go on my lunch break and the staff is very friendly and helpful.



Bank can be a little intimidating, but my manager helped me set up my account and once you have learned the meaning of some of the buttons on vending cashout tickets and check your balance is really easy, I can not read all kanji but I do problems using ATMs the biggest problem ticket for me remember that ATMs are not 24 hours and you will be charged for use of the weekend, even if it is ATM of your bank that you use so make sure you have a lot of money on you before the weekend begins.
The most important races in Japan, paying bills, are the easiest All you have to do is take your invoices to a convenience store and pay at convenience store counter are 24 hours and throughout Japan.
I love that Nagoya is a very practical, livable city is big and has everything you need without too hectic atmosphere of large cities Metro is very effective, there are convenience stores all corners and about twice the vending machine there, which are supermarkets some of them open 24 hours, dry cleaning, banking and remote post offices walk from my apartment, I can pay my bills at convenience stores, and have ATMs, as life very easy.
Right now, I'm taking Shodo Japanese calligraphy courses Courses are taught by the mother of a former Japanese teacher at my school who suggested that I take the class to improve my Japanese There are also many sites and Facebook groups that are dedicated to things like sports, music or simply organizing meetings.


Making friends is easy in Japan when I arrived, I met many interesting people throughout the initial training period at both the regional office and AEON branch Alike my school teachers and students are looking forward to get to know you, and it's common to make new friends in restaurants, bars and cultural festivals There are many opportunities to interact and become friends with the Japanese Whether at work or on the town, j have always been able to meet people that I meet my students outside of work approximately one month after We often go for meals, shopping, and go to cultural festivals or places of historic interest together it is always more fun to be shown around by someone who grew up in the area.
training week was a whirlwind of information and practice, it was a great time to get to know colleagues and students begin to understand the company's trainers were friendly and professional, always for us the week was pretty tiring but was a good preparation for work in a school.
Not only did we practice all the different types of courses, but practice usually used part of the manual that we actually do in class in our first week at school It was fantastic, making this first week of courses 'much easier and more comfortable teaching.
During my first three months, I had a follow-up training day, which gave a little more on the business side of our work, and also attended a training seminar for teachers from many schools and levels of experience it gave me much better understand some of the materials we use, and it was great to discuss experiences from those of other schools.
The training helped me to the flow of current, how to deal with students when they do not understand what is said, how to be aware not to be too wordy, and how do students always speak Although I can not say I mastered everything in the first few months, I arrived, I was able to work on each skill and become a better teacher in the first year of monitoring and quality-up training, I examined what I learned in the initial training and lessons to improve my training that I felt helped me the most was the formation of value there, I spoke of my students and how I can help the most as I was able to meet other teachers from different schools and see how they teach seeing I was able to take bits of their resources and add to my ways That helped a lot especially when I visited my anc iennes methods were not working as well as I thought.



I live in the city of Komatsu in Ishikawa Prefecture, on the western side of Japan, I'm 15 minutes from the beach and the mountains that I love snowboarding in winter, and my bike and go into nature the fish was and sake are amazing, and I met the nicest people here my prefecture is full of great places, and I think all of Japan is like that, I was surprised by the amount of things to do even though I live in the countryside too, I met my best friends who go around, or the labor way back are so open, go slowly and take while I'm taking Japanese language courses at the International center in my town there was a fantastic resource, really cheap offer Japanese classes and also into many events.
Upon arriving in Japan, I was greeted by the amazing trainers and quickly set up to others in the same position next to my branch was another opportunity to make many friends since I am happy to say that I consider my colleagues my close friends as well it's pretty easy to make friends in Japan since as a teacher AEON, we meet people every day.
I take Japanese courses and during the tea ceremony I discovered Japanese courses through both AEON and international center Matsuyama I study Japanese to improve my language daily, and for the Japanese Language Proficiency Test JLPT As for the tea ceremony, I found out about my colleague, we take classes together once a week, it is very fun and challenging, but I really like to learn about this aspect of traditional Japanese culture, I am also involved in a public speaking club called Toastmasters, which held in English and Japanese that I discovered this club by my friend.


Teaching English in Japan AEON, teach, English, Japanese, Aeon.